Antimatter

But I'm still waiting for the rain...

« Older   Newer »

1. lovelorn
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ecco il messaggio di fine anno di Mick:

2007 is over and I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone.

‘Leaving Eden’ was released to positive reviews and encouraging messages from people at home who bought the cd. It’s safe now to declare the album worthy for me personally and also for the people who have listened to it, but back in 2006 when I was out on a limb recording it, I wondered if anyone even gave a shit. People sent me messages of support all the way through, so, thanks to everyone.

Also, 2007 saw three really memorable tours through Belgium, Holland, France, Greece, Poland, Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Austria, Italy, Latvia and Estonia. I was supported by some really talented acts including Leafblade, Vic Anselmo, The Last Embrace and Averse, amongst others. This year I’m giving up touring to concentrate on other things, and Leafblade will be playing live instead with Donnenreich. When I do eventually get back to touring it will probably be with a completely new, fuller line-up and I won’t be able to take a supporting act away, so I’d like to say thanks to Pete for jumping up to sing harmony with me on stage last year, and good luck for the future with Leafblade.

As for 2008, I have another full album in my head burning away, but the process of recording Eden was so painful that I don’t wish to repeat that quite so soon. I will probably spend next year casually refining the motifs and arrangements I have, and then see what options are available once I’m confident that I’m ready to record. If I don’t ever reach that point then, hey presto, I wont record it. Obviously, I have no idea when this will be so I wont even bother trying to attach a date to all this.

This year should see the release of an expanded collection of unreleased tracks, tentatively titled ‘Alternative Matter’. At the very least it will be a double album. We’re brainstorming what should go on it at the moment, so more information on that when it’s available.

Thank you, and have a great year!

Mick

22 replies since 7/4/2007, 12:47   888 views